{It's about love, it's about compassion. It's about kindness and faith (it has nothing to do with 'luck'.)It's about patience.... It's about caring and sharing. It's about forgiveness.} ♥ :)

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Confidence is beautiful...

Good evening!! ... I have been thinking constantly, ALL day long about what exactly I was going to write about tonight... and it was tough..there are soooo many things, but after thinking about it all morning, I realized I had the perfect topic right under my nose.

I am with some very amazing people for 12 hours everyday. They have taught me sooo much and I honestly have so much respect for a lot of them. They give amazing advice and they watch out for me, which I truely appreciate. But.... there is one thing I notice with a lot of my peers, at work and outside of it. ...sadly...there are SO many people with a lot of insecurities and it bothers me, because I don't see the flaws in them that they see. Naturally, we all have "flaws." And I say it like that because who is to say what is perfect and imperfect. ...but I like to think everyone is a perfect version of themselves!! :)

While growing up and to this day my parents constantly remind me that beauty isn't just what is on the outside, it is what is underneath. They taught me to never judge a person by how they look and if you get to know someone, it is then that you can tell how truely beautiful or ugly someone really is-but only because of their attitude (not looks). Confidence is the most beautiful thing a person can have. ...and need I remind everyone, cockiness is NOT confidence. You have to show a little modesty, don't be so into yourself that there is no room for anyone else to be into you. :) Maybe you don't know how to be confident... and I'm not sure I am the person to tell you exactly how it happens... you just have to be proud of who you are.. like I said in my last post...who cares what someone else thinks..the people who matter, don't mind! :) "Confidence comes from not always being right, but from not fearing to be wrong." ... it is the same as to win some, you have to lose some. ...you don't learn anything by ALWAYS being right. AND you get more respect by living up to your mistakes ...
I haven't been bullied a lot in my life, but I do know it can suck when people point out your flaws...like you didn't already see them yourself. ...If that happens to you, just stay strong! The people who do that have their own insecurities and for some odd reason they feel better criticizing everything about you... but you can't let it get to you... they aren't worth the stress.... and pray that they learn to be happier with themselves as well. :) :)

I have also seen a quote I am quite fond of.... "The most beautiful curve on someone's body is their smile." :D That is most certainly true. I don't know very many people that look attractive with a frown on their face, and I would much rather get to know someone who is always happy anyway. ...who wants to be friends with Debbie Downer? ..don't be Debbie; show those pearly whites by putting a smile on that beautiful face. :D ...everyone goes through tough times and know you are NEVER alone... I am a great listener and I like to think I give great advice (that I don't always follow), but I hope and encourage you, if you EVER, EVER, EVER need someone to talk to I will be glad to help! :) Everyone is going through their own kind of battle... but we can't constantly compare ourselves to everyone else... saying "I'm too fat.." ...or ..."I'm too skinny" ..."I'm too short." ..or... "..too tall." We all need to learn to not only except other people, but ourselves as well!!

           "Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful."
   
Goodnight all! Sweet dreams... and God Bless! :)

-love-
  dan

4 comments:

  1. Well girlie...you're batting a thousand...your words have been chosen PERFECTLY...in fact, you are one of the most beautiful people I know..both inside and out...its such a pleasure knowing you and learning from you...I'm LOVING this blog...so wonderful!!! Love ya!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thanks molls!! :) you are beautiful inside and out too! :) and one of the people that I am thankful for everyday!! :D You have taught me so much!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply Fabulous...love every word!! :) Wishing you a happy weekend and patiently awaiting your next post!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you thank you!! :) That means a lot... I wish you a happy weekend as well!!

      Delete