{It's about love, it's about compassion. It's about kindness and faith (it has nothing to do with 'luck'.)It's about patience.... It's about caring and sharing. It's about forgiveness.} ♥ :)

Friday, June 8, 2012

Someone to look up to...

Hello!! I hope everyone had an amazing week...it's FRIDAY!! :) So, lately I have been getting a lot of praise for this blog! ...Makes me soooo happy to hear that people like it and at first I thought people were just being nice, but it turns out.. I think I have inspired a few people. It is an amazing feeling because that was the goal...HOWEVER... it is a lot of pressure! :D Everyone's opinion matters to me..if you like it, if you don't like it, I want to know. AND one of the greatest feelings is when someone you look up to praises you and tells you they are proud!!!

I am very blessed to have sooooo many amazing people in my life. They all made me who I am, I have a piece of advice from every one of them. ..My family has always been my biggest support system, every single one of them. And even though I'd like to write about how each one of them has inspired me, I can only pick one for today. (trust me... I'll get to the rest of you!!)

Ever since I was little I looked up to one of my many cousins... I always wanted to do what she was doing and be just like her.(Yes I was that cute, yet annoying little cousin who followed her everywhere!!!) I was her mini me!..She was/is smart and nice and pretty and talented. A lot of things I have done in life, I have pushed myself because I wanted to impress her and make my family proud...WELL!! ..last night I received a message from her..she had read my blog........ and...she loved it! :D ..Her: "I am so proud to have you in my life... you are truly wise beyond your years.. you have incredible courage and I only hope I can have that same courage some day! I love you so much!" .. WHATTTT?? She wants the courage I have? Being the one who has looked up to her, and hearing her say she was proud and wanted my courage blew my mind!! Her saying that has kept me smiling all day! ..I didn't become who I am on my own.. I had to get my courage from someone.. and I didn't always have this courage either. It takes a lot of people to make you who you are... starting with the people you look up to.
...Even though I have gone through tough times; deaths, bad relationships, heartache... I know I will get where I need to because of her! She had tough times too.. she was young once, and she definitely met some not so great people. NOW... she is married to an amazing guy with two amazing children. Her little family is complete and she is happy! :) THAT is what gives me hope! 

I hope I have the same effect on my little cousins as she has on me! It is such an absolutely amazing feeling when someone looks up to you!! ... and personally, I think it helps you be a better person. You wouldn't want your younger siblings or cousins see you do something you wouldn't want them to do... I didn't choose my family, but I love them more than anything!! Such a blessed gift God has bestowed upon my life... <3

-love-
  dan

1 comment:

  1. Love your post... You are lucky to have such a great family!! I enjoy hearing about them all the time :)

    ReplyDelete