{It's about love, it's about compassion. It's about kindness and faith (it has nothing to do with 'luck'.)It's about patience.... It's about caring and sharing. It's about forgiveness.} ♥ :)

Saturday, July 14, 2012

A little independent...

Right now is as good of a time as any to talk about this... being independent. To many people, spending a Saturday night alone doesn't sound to appealing, but to me...it is relaxing. Sometimes you need time away from the world. A time where you don't have to worry about how you look; clothes, hair, face... you can just be you.

This woman seems pretty independent to me!! :)


I've always been pretty independent. I've learned people are always going to let me down... which is okay. I have the most amazing friends in the world and I wouldn't trade them for anything, but, hey it happens. I have let people down to... I don't intend to. Time slips away... but the one person I can truly count on is myself. ...but times like this can also get you into trouble... allows you to have a lot of time to think. THINK, THINK, THINK. Something I do way too much of! I reflect on the amazing things in my life...and the not so amazing.

But being independent isn't necessarily spending some time away from people. A good example... something that really bothers me is when someone breaks up with someone and three days later she already has a new boyfriend...and then they break up and three days later that girl has another boyfriend. ...I think most people NEED to have a time where they are single and NOT looking. A time to discover themselves. To figure out what they deserve in a significant other. ..In most, but not all cases, I believe if you can't make it in this world by doing things for yourself, you will never be able to have a healthy relationship with anyone. Ahhh, I'm not sure if those are the right words...but hopefully you understand what I'm saying. ..Ladies, don't be a woman who needs a man. Be a woman that a man needs. Be the woman who can go out on her own and make it in this world. Tell yourself you don't NEED a man! ..and then when you get life figured out... be the woman who WANTS a man. ...want and need. <<two different meanings. :)
__a few years ago my tire went flat...and I was 2 hours away from home at college. My two GUY bestfriends, who I will point out are farm boys, didn't know how to change a tire. ...And every time my dad tried to show me I apparently wasn't paying attention. haha... well.. guess what I did??? I did it! I changed my tire. ON.MY.OWN. without the help of a man. And I did a pretty awesome job as well! :)))) ..I think that's pretty indpenedent, if I do say so myself! No need to rush into things with anyone.. when the time is right, the right guy or girl will come into your life.

My mom gives me a lot of crap sometimes about how I am such a "home body." I love spending time with my family or alone. I feel best in the comfort of my home. I miss out on some things... hanging out with some great people. ...but that's who I am. ..and maybe it is something I need to work on_going out more. I have tried...but I'm a very shy person. And it seems everytime I do go out something happens, where someone else has lost my trust... and then I'm back to hanging out by myself...maybe I am too independent?? Is there such a thing? or possibly I need to find a little more courage in myself! :) Nahhhh... I'm proud of who I am. Whether I am alone or not.

Be proud of who you are too! :) Even if you aren't so independent. Goodnight!
-love-
  dan

1 comment:

  1. Love this Miss Danielle...lovvvvvve it!!!! You're perfect just the way you are...even if you don't come over and visit..I guess...heehee...just teasing! Love ya girlie!! :)

    ReplyDelete