{It's about love, it's about compassion. It's about kindness and faith (it has nothing to do with 'luck'.)It's about patience.... It's about caring and sharing. It's about forgiveness.} ♥ :)

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Unexpected Kindness...


Yay! Finally, back to school... I'm not sure what is more exhausting though. My day full of classes or my 12 hour day at work?? I'm beat... One plus to this arrangement is the fact that I can sleep in a little and then wake up to watch the news before I head to my first class. This morning they talked about a 30-year-olds dying wish.

His name was Aaron Collins and his brother, Seth described him as "he was the type of person that took great joy in unexpected kindness." Aaron's request: "Leave an awesome tip (and I don't mean 25%. I mean $500 on a f***ing pizza) for a waiter or waitress." Not only did they leave $500...there generosity turned into about a $50,000 charity.  How awesome is that?? First.. he inspired his family to do something like that...and then can you imagine the impact it left on those who received it?? They couldn't believe it... that sort of thing never or rarely ever happens.

I am sick and tired... and I will emphasize that even more... SICK AND TIRED of hearing that this world is awful, no one has any respect anymore, it is all about hate. Look around darlin'...There is plenty of love in this world. What the young man did...that was love. It proves there are good people. Not only a few either... you just have to start looking for the positive instead of the negative. ...Last Christmas I was sitting in a drive thru during my lunch break ..I heard the girl at the window tell the woman in the vehicle in front of me that the person in front of her had paid for her meal. I remember hearing her ask..."but why would they do that?" I know why...Because they are good hearted people too!! :) Witnessing something like that made my heart smile... And kindness is very contagious! I wanted to do that too!! It inspired me... So... I did it ... I don't even know the reaction of that person..but I pray it made there day!

"The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow, do good
anyway. Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough, give
your best anyway. For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It
was never between you and them anyway." -Mother Theresa
 You never know what someone is going through... If you do some unexpected kindness, people may not remember your name, or what you look like...but they will never forget how you made them feel! Maybe that person was just about to give up hope, maybe they just lost their job, lost the custody battle for their child...maybe they just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. One small act of kindness can do some wonderful things in someone's life.

"Be kind and compassionate to one another..." -Ephesians 4:32

It's much more than giving away money. Try telling someone you like their hair or shoes or eyes. Perhaps they are lonely and just want someone to talk to. Better yet... you probably try something as simple as a smile. Those things go a long way! :)

Don't be selfish, think of other people's needs AS WELL AS your own! :) You could make a huge difference!
<3 God bless

-love-
  dan

No comments:

Post a Comment