{It's about love, it's about compassion. It's about kindness and faith (it has nothing to do with 'luck'.)It's about patience.... It's about caring and sharing. It's about forgiveness.} ♥ :)

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Could I make that sacrifice?

Good evening everyone!! Lately there seems to be a lot of negative emotion in the world, with all the shootings, death, hate.. Perhaps I am just noticing it more because I am growing up. Surely it isn't any different than any other time in the past. This past weekend I read in People Magazine about the shooting in Colorado...about the people who lost their lives..about the brave souls who gave up their life for the ones they loved! The other thing that got me thinking about all this is a song by Keith Urban, "For You."
Well, all I saw was smoke and fire...
I didn't feel a thing.
But suddenly I was rising higher...
And I felt like I just made... the biggest mistake.
When I thought about my unborn child...
When I thought about my wife...
And the answer rang out CLEAR from somewhere up above

No greater gift has man, then to lay down his life for Love.

And I wondered, would I give my life?
Could I make that sacrifice?
If it came down to it, could I take the bullet... I would
Yes I would, For You

Could I make that sacrifice? Ever since I was really little I have asked myself that. YES! I could... and I would. In fact, that is one reason why I want to be a cop and a soldier. So if the time came, I could be there to protect the ones I love. I have fears like anyone...snakes, needles, the dark, failing... dying is not one of them. In seventh grade I overcame my fear of death. I decided then, by myself, what and who I truly believed in. I now know where I am going.. maybe having that knowledge gives me the courage. No matter what happens to my Earthly body, my happily ever after lies beyond the gates of Heaven.

My mom and I were talking about this the other day. We were talking about whether or not we would risk our life for the ones we loved.. OF COURSE..without a doubt we would. Then..would we risk our life for a stranger? ... Yes... I would give my life for anyone else... yes, anyone. A complete stranger. My brother. My parents. My best friend. My "not so good" acquaintances. Why? ..because I care way too much about people... all of my friends and family mean the world to me. If something happened to any of them my heart would be broken... and that's why I would give my life for a stranger. Because if something happened to them...their friends and families hearts would be broken as well... so if it was up to me to prevent their pain, I would. I pray that I never have to make that decision, that I am never in that situation, but my decision will forever stay the same. :)

I'm not trying to make it seem like you are a bad person or anything if you wouldn't. We are all built differently.. I feel like I have a rare courage that many may lack. That doesn't make you weak if you question it or if you are incapable. Everyone has a different job in life... different jobs require different abilities. But.. could you make that sacrifice?

Don't think about it too much :) And have a great night! God bless!

-love-
  dan
"For You"-Keith Urban
*Check out this song... it is AWWWWESOMEEEE!!! :)
  


1 comment:

  1. I would hope and pray that I would make that sacrifice..I can't imagine thinking anything otherwise..great post!! :)

    ReplyDelete