{It's about love, it's about compassion. It's about kindness and faith (it has nothing to do with 'luck'.)It's about patience.... It's about caring and sharing. It's about forgiveness.} ♥ :)

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Bullying...


Good evening everyone!! A lot of what I talk about comes from what I notice around me... maybe with people at work, at home, and various other places. Lately I have noticed the way some people have been treating others in my work place... unfortunately, bullying doesn't stop after highschool.

Everyone is guilty of bullying... whether you meant to be mean or not. Like me, for example, I love to joke around, which can be all fun and games to me, but maybe its not fun to them. I'm not intentionally doing any harm, but we all need to watch what we say and how we say things. ...and I WILL be sure to watch what I say and do.

However, there are many people who thrive to find peoples' weaknesses and use it against them. Like I said in a previous post, those people have their own insecurities that they are to cowardly to face, so they point out others' flaws, hoping nobody will see their own. ...Just because someone is different than you doesn't mean there is anything wrong with them. What a boring world this would be if we were all the same.

You may not know the battle someone is going through, so think long and hard before you judge... for example..there is a 15 year old girl who holds hands with her one year old son. People call her a slut, but no one knows she was raped at 13. People call another guy fat and no one knows he has a serious disease causing him to be obese. and other people call an old man ugly. No one knows he had a serious injury fighting for our country in the war. *Three perfect examples.... you don't like someone? ..no one said you had to be best friends, just treat them with the same respect you expect in return. Don't be rude to them... in highschool being nice to someone even if you didn't like them was being "two-faced" I guess. but we aren't in highschool anymore... now..it's called growing up... :)

If you are the one being bullied, I'm not sure I have much advice other than address the issue. "Don't let them get to you" is overused and highly ineffective at times, but its true. All you need is one friend, who cares what the bully thinks. :) “The bullying stopped when I claimed myself and proved that I wasn’t afraid. A lot of it was when I was hiding when I was younger.” ~ Randy Harrison
...show you aren't afraid!! :D

I hope this was effective!! Have an amazing night!! :) :)
-love-
  dan

4 comments:

  1. Danielle!! You're biggest fan..checking in..heehee...yes, I agree..sometimes its not the intention of the person saying the words that might be shattering the person that's hearing the words...sooo sad...and yes...unfortunately, we're all to blame...but, such a spectacular thought...sometimes we just need to step back before speaking and ask ourselves how we would feel if someone spoke to us the way we were speaking to them...how would it feel...a good reminder to always watch what you say...you're not just ruining their day, you're affecting everyone that surround them as well...words have far more effect than just the one youu're speaking to....great thought girlie...lovin this post..keep 'em coming!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhh...also, thought that I'd let you know...I just fed you're fish for about 15 minutes before I realized what I was doing...hope their ok...they ate A LOTTTTTTT...hahahahahahaha!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHAHAHAHA OMG!! That is hularious!! I think they will be okay, they take after me...food is goooooood!! :D

      Delete
  3. So true Dani... Very wise for your age!! Keep em coming!!

    ReplyDelete