{It's about love, it's about compassion. It's about kindness and faith (it has nothing to do with 'luck'.)It's about patience.... It's about caring and sharing. It's about forgiveness.} ♥ :)

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Dancing in the rain...



WOW!!!!! ...where to start... I actually wasn't sure if I'd come up with anything to post today. Many great ideas came to mind, but then...I really got inspired.

I know some of the GREATEST people in the world! Yes, anyone can say that; however, I really do!! :D My parents taught me some of the greatest lessons and give me unconditional love every single day. My grandmas are the most beautiful women; showing amazing faith, amazing cooking, and a keen imagination. I have strong, supportive aunts and uncles...and the "million" cousins I have are crazy, independent, confident, loving people (I have no idea what I'd do without any of them)..I have an extremely big family, so that is only the beginning! However, this isn't about them...not tonight.

Sometimes things get rough...really rough. To the point where you feel there is nothing you can do about it anymore..that this world would be happier without you. ..If you have never felt this way, I am so happy for you and I hope you never do. Being in a slump is the hardest thing to get out of, but you're not alone. There are sooooo many people that feel they are the only ones, but that is so not true. We all get in a slump for different reasons; one persons battle may seem like a piece of cake to another, but that doesn't mean it is easy, nor are you stronger. we just have a different story.

One of my favorite quotes is, "life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." <3 Sometimes the toughest struggles lead you on the best journey of your life. Many people who know me, know how fond I'm NOT about my situation. I'm not where I want to be at all... I was finally getting somewhere. My flight at BMT (boot camp) made Honor flight, Warrior flight, and top PT. We achieved so much...I was achieving so much... people were actually proud of my accomplishments and then I had to take like twenty steps back... I didn't want to come back. Whether I liked it or not I had to though. It was an EXTREMELY HUGE struggle for me, and up until about two months ago, it still was. ..but even though I don't like where I'm at, I LOVE who I am with. I learn so, so much from my co-workers. So many people with such kind hearts, who only want the best for you. So.. when I say I know the GREATEST people... It is no joke.

AND...When I talk about beauty, the person who inspired me to do this post, IS the definition of beautiful. Sometimes, I don't think she realizes the effect she has on people nor how truly beautiful she is. When I'm feeling down or just not as happy, all I have to do is look for her smiling face!! :)))She knows how to brighten anyones' day and she has the BIGGEST heart in the whole world and I am so grateful to have her and those other women in my life. ...if you ever are feeling down, look around... I guarantee you have many people who love you for who you are... and would hate to see you hurting. Just take some time out and focus on where you want to go in life, and enjoy the ride. The desination isn't where the memories are...it's the journey that gets you there! Take a step back, a lot of things we worry about turn out to be the smallest things. ...just dance! :)

You are loved...
-love-
  dan


6 comments:

  1. Yay I'm the first to post a comment!! I love your quotes very appropriate for the day!! I'd like to think your blog was about me :D but I know who it was about (mrp) will she get?! I HOPE SO!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay!! you're the first!!! and thank you :)... my blog was about you a little but yes you are right about (mrp)!! You inspire me too, you have no idea! You are like a big sister to me and I love you!

      ..i think she will get it :P

      Delete
  2. First thing..CONGRATULATIONS Nikki...you beat me...darn it...I wanna be the first comment..heeheehee!!

    Second thing...Grab a piece of paper...QUICK...grab some sort of writing utensil..because..yeah...Miss Molly is out of words...OH NO...Danielle, Danielle, Danielle...there are tears streaming from my eyeballs...I love you like a sister (orrr, considering my advanced age...an adopted daughter, because I know your parents would never give you up...heehee) I love both of you girlies..you both make my life SOOOO much richer and brighter and everything GOOOOOD!!! <3
    Love,
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were tears coming from my eyes when I was writing this.. I'm amazed by the people who are in my life and oh so happy!! :) You're like a sister to me too ( no considering of age) glad you were out of words for a moment though ;) <3

      Delete
  3. Ahhh I love the both of you too!! I feel so blessed to have the both of you in my life!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...I'm in tears again!! So happy to know my sis works w/ such an amazing group of people!! Fabulous as always!! :)

    ReplyDelete