{It's about love, it's about compassion. It's about kindness and faith (it has nothing to do with 'luck'.)It's about patience.... It's about caring and sharing. It's about forgiveness.} ♥ :)

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Daddy's Little Girl...

Beach in Texas with my pa!! :)

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all the amazing fathers out there!! :) ... I would have to say that my daddy is one of the most amazing of them all.. as many of you would say about yours as well! He is the definition of a REAL man and father.

My mom has told me many times how proud my dad was/is to be a father. He may have been more scared than anything else, but he was a natural with us. Both of my parents were always there with Nick and I...ALWAYS. I know a lot of people that never had much of a relationship with their parents..I could never imagine. ...He taught me sooo many things.. how to have a sense of humor, ride a bike, drive a car, change a tire, fix things, be independent, be a hard worker...etc.

..Anyone who has ever met my dad probably knows what a hard worker he is... I don't think the man ever sleeps! When I was younger and was doing pretty much every sport possible, who made it to EVERY game or event? ..My daddy... Not to mention he made it to all of my brothers things too... He has to be superman... or something! Never once did he complain about it either. He sacrificed SO much for the two of us, and at the time I never realized how much, but now I understand and appreciate everything he does for me!


We were always wearing our Husker outfits!! :D

Starting at the age of four I started taking dance classes... and when he picked me up, he would take me out for icecream or tacos and then roll the windows down, crank up The Eagles, Bob Seger,& Bruce Springsteen... but the one song we sang the most was Achy Breaky Heart by Billy Ray Cyrus!! :) I'm almost postive everyone knows what song I am talkin about...



My dad always puts his family first. If I need him..he is there. If I ever felt scared...he comforted me. He would check the whole entire house if I thought someone was here that shouldn't be..ALWAYS! He turned me into the confident woman I am today. He always tells me how pretty I am..how smart I am. How proud he is of me and all of my accomplishments...Better yet.. he always tells me that he loves me!!  ..It's funny.. a lot of people think he looks scary or is a mean guy, but he has the BIGGEST sense of humor ever and the nicest guy!! And everyone may see his serious, hard working side, but me I've seen it all... I've had him wrapped around my finger since the day I was born!

My heart aches for those who don't get to spend anymore time with their fathers... I'm so blessed that mine is still in my life... and by blessed I mean it... when I was in 6th grade the man I knew to be so strong got sooo sick. I prayed to God everyday for him to get better and when I blew out the candles on my cake, my wish was for him. ...and look now...he is still here with me!! :)

... Christmas 2010 ...

A truly great daddy is hard to come by... men, be those great dads!! :) My dad has set pretty high standards for all the men in this world.. Good luck to all of you, because he is pretty great!

Hope all the daddy's had a great day..and everyone have a great night!!
-love-
  dan

No comments:

Post a Comment