{It's about love, it's about compassion. It's about kindness and faith (it has nothing to do with 'luck'.)It's about patience.... It's about caring and sharing. It's about forgiveness.} ♥ :)

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Golden Rule...



Helllloooo!! :) We are halfway through the week... it is getting there!! ..Soooo I think everyone can tell where I will be going with this post. RESPECT...but not like my last respect post. Yes, we do need to respect ourselves, but lets not forget about everyone else.. have some selflessness.. it isn't ALL about you.

I notice this EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. ..not respect, but disrespect. I know I am guilty... I have my moments when I can be rude, but I try really hard to treat people how I want to be treated. Problem is... I can take a joke. I like when people joke with me..and then I joke with people and they get their panties in a bunch. Come on... BUT I guess I am treating them how I want to be treated... :)

Just because someone is "beneath" you, does NOT mean this rule doesn't apply to you. I will give anyone respect until they give me a reason not to because even though it is earned, I give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but I've been made a fool many times...unfortunately many people have given me many reasons not to. A good example, if you are a boss or owner, how are you going to have a productive business if you are rude to your employees? or if you give some people privileges, but not others? ..Just a little food for thought... :)

Also... age doesn't matter. A child deserves just as much respect as an adult. They may or may not understand as much as you do, but they are human beings too. ...my friends are human beings... I am a human being!! .. I may not be as experienced in life, but I have my own list of experiences...probably different then your own. I've learned things you haven't... I've gone through things that you haven't... You're not necessarily smarter with age, so don't treat me or anyone like their opinion doesn't matter... I have to respect my elders AND vice versa!!

Matthew 7:12 -So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets. ...I'm not quite sure what this world is coming to, but what happened to the Golden Rule?? If YOU respect me there is no doubt about it, I WILL respect you!

...Let's all take a step back and see if we want to be treated that way...

Have an amazing night!! and God bless!!

-love-

dan


No comments:

Post a Comment