{It's about love, it's about compassion. It's about kindness and faith (it has nothing to do with 'luck'.)It's about patience.... It's about caring and sharing. It's about forgiveness.} ♥ :)

Sunday, June 3, 2012

The love of a child


I hope everyone had an absolutely amazing weekend!! ..but back to the work week we go!!... 

On Friday, some of my co-workers and I got onto the subject of children. It automatically reminded me of an amazing little seven year old I met in Texas, while I was at training... I went to Dave& Busters with my boyfriend at the time, my roommate, and her boyfriend... The guys were busy winning tickets when I noticed this little boy with mounds and mounds of tickets. I went up to him and was like, "WHOA!! You have a lot of tickets!!" and he said to me, "Do you want them?? I have way more at my table!!" ..I was very touched by his generosity, but told him that he earned those tickets and he should get an awesome prize for himself... Later on, we were turning in our tickets and there was this GINORMOUS giraffe...and it was the cutest thing and of course I wanted it sooooo bad! :) Unfortunately we didn't have enough tickets, but the little boy was looking for his prizes at the same time and came up to me and said, "I'm sorry, I wanted to get that girrafe for you, but I don't have enough tickets.." That was seriously the sweetest thing ever!!!  He then came back a little later and handed me a football that he picked out for me instead!! ... I will never see this little boy again, but it is such an amazing memory that I will probably remember for the rest of my life. The generosity of most little kids amazes me... They have the biggest hearts in the world!

It reminds me of a story in the Bible... Mark 10:13-16... 13 People were bringing little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them, but the disciples rebuked them. 14 When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15 Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” 16 And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them. The way children believe is amazing.. They can be a bit stubborn, and when they hear the word of God,like learning any new thing, they want to tell everyone! They aren't afraid of being judged, they say exactly what is on their mind, and I think we do need to be more like them. If only I had the faith they have. If only I talked to God more and was as eager to hear his stories!!

I believe if we were more like children this would be a happier place... Instead, we have lost our sense of an imagination. I don't want to lose that! ... I remember when I was little I never ever listened to music, I made up songs in my head and sang them all the time.. they even rhymed!! :) ..but i could never do that now without too much thought. ...Their innocence...creativity...caring... adults end up taking that away from them... we should never take that away from them....but that is what I am going to work on... my imagination. Actually.. not being afraid to let people see my imagination :D

Have an amazing night!! God bless!!
-love-
  dan



3 comments: