{It's about love, it's about compassion. It's about kindness and faith (it has nothing to do with 'luck'.)It's about patience.... It's about caring and sharing. It's about forgiveness.} ♥ :)

Saturday, August 4, 2012

19 years...

<3 <3 <3

I wasn't able to post yesterday because the lightening, ONCE AGAIN, ruined our internet... it seems that we have the worst luck ever with that! ...Yesterday, 19 years ago, I received one of the greatest gifts God could give a little girl... a baby brother! :)))) Who knew being a big sister could be such a blessing? ..I somehow remember how terrified I was though... I knew when someone was in the hospital that someone was hurt_I knew my mom was in pain and that Nick was pretty much the reason for it..but I still knew what a blessing he was! YAY!!

Always had our Husker attire on! :)

When my brother and I were little we did EVERYTHING together.. we lived 15 miles out of town so we weren't really able to hang out with any of our friends as easily. We explored in the trees, went to the river, ran through the corn fields, walked on the half frozen pond, hung out with grandma & grandpa ....and the list goes on. We were best friends. ...I honestly feel bad for the only children of this world...  I would never want a life without him!

a couple of our Nebraska winters... '09 & '10

Nick and I have grown up quite a bit since then... and we have many of the same beliefs!  ..We may not see eachother as often or hang out with eachother as much, but I KNOW we will always be friends. The day a baby comes into this world isn't just a big day for the parents... but for the new, big brother or sister!! :D

I don't remember anything from my first two and a half years before Nick, but the next 19 years were the best... I know that without him.. I wouldn't be me! :) As any sibling knows... You are the only one who can mess with them. When someone else hurts your brother or sister, there is some butt to kick! :) I would never have known that 'protective' feeling without my little brother in my life!

His birthday last year (2011) ..I took him to the Yankees game

My brother is the most important person in my life... and even though we are both growing up and going our separate ways, I look forward to the many more memories we will experience together! :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICHOLAS CLINTON BURR!! <3 I am so proud of you... and I love you very, very much!

-love-
  dan

No comments:

Post a Comment